Sunday, June 29, 2008

I got a phone call

On Friday night I received a phone call from Jonathan. He was using another soldier's cell phone while still out on the field. I cried I was so excited! He didn't say much about what he was doing other than he's been gassed, learned how to disassemble/clean/assemble his M16, and it's REALLY hot. He returns to his base on Monday night and I'm energized after that phone call.

On my end, I got a job. The interview I had on Tuesday turned out really well. I believe this will be a good fit for me. I'll be doing pretty much the same thing I'm doing now but in a different environment. My last day of work in Lexington is tomorrow. Why did I pick a Monday? No clue. It will be sad because I've really enjoyed working there. I've met some wonderful friends in such a short time. But I'm also happy that I will have some time to get things ready for the move, visit family, and friends before July 14. 

I look forward to posting again this Tuesday. I should have some pictures to add by then. You'll just have to see!!

No comments: