Thursday, August 14, 2008

Welcome to the Workforce

After our first few weeks here in Fayetteville we've lots to report. The most exciting is probably that we've finished unpacking and moving things around the house. As far as the baby is concerned, no news really to report. We're anxiously awaiting the Army's bureaucracy to process us through Tricare so we can see a doc. The powers that be have set a month out from our registration as our start date for coverage. I'm not sure what the rationale is for this deadline, but its ensured our next ultrasound is probably a month away from now. I'm guessing mid September. Fortunately, everything seems fine. Avoiding the heat seems to limit any nausea and aside from occassional headaches and restless nights, I haven't had much discomfort (knock on wood). I've begun to show a tiny belly and am starting to chronicle my ballooning waistline with measuring tape and the occasional photo. In the one below I am 17 weeks along.

Jonathan has finished in processing with his unit and starts doing dentistry tomorrow. Its been a few months since he last got to practice actual dentistry. He'll be seeing many patients on a daily basis. On some occasions his clinic will see up to 1000 patients in a day (for mobilizations). He'll have more to details to report after tomorrow I imagine.

I started working this week and am going through the typical orientation stuff (videos, paperwork, introductions, etc.) I'm slated to begin seeing patients on Monday. The schedule they have planned for me is to see more patients than I am used to along with the fact I'm still unfamiliar with their office protocols makes for more stress than desired. No worries, I'll figure it out. I'll have more details, too, once I get into a normal routine.


No comments: