Thursday, August 21, 2008

It's been a long week

What a week! Jonathan started seeing patients his first day of work where it took me a week. He's enjoying getting to use his skills he worked so hard for. It's been 3 months since he's done dentistry, and now he'll never stop! He's learning the ropes there with the paper work and how the office runs. He doesn't have his own team or patients yet. He's been sharing with the officer in charge. However, he learned today that there is a possibility he will move to a different clinic. We're not sure if or when this will happen.
As for me, I began seeing patients on Tuesday with my supervising physician and now I have my own patients. I'm still learning the medications and treatments. It really is different than what I was doing before. But I'm up for the challenge. The patients haven't had a provider in the office in a while so they're just happy that I'm there and don't mind that I'm slow right now. The staff is also understanding in that I'm needing to take time to learn the system.
I went to the doctor last week and was told that the maternity ward is full for the month of January so the military is sending me off base. So I still haven't found a ob yet but I have an appointment next week with someone. And hopefully will have an ultrasound within the next couple of weeks. We'll be having the baby at the local hospital which is closer to our house and no hassle of having to go through military security.
Here's my 18 week photo! Growing every day and having to wear maternity pants. I'm feeling good and maybe feeling the baby kick! We try every night to hear the baby with our stethoscope but we're not sure that we've heard that yet either. One day soon though.


No comments: